Kelly Kennedy, PPL-Labs Outreach Specialist - First impressions are important but they’re not everything. No matter what business you have, the life of selling a new client, especially those debating choosing you, can be a long road. Doubt enters the mind of these folks all the time in a number of different ways. It’s important to to set yourself up for success! Maximizing your client base by following these basic steps:
Create a Compelling and Clear Value Proposition
- This is the primary reason prospects should choose you. People always ask “What makes them different? What’s in it for me?”
- You should be able to define the value of your gym in a single, instantly credible, sentence and have this posted everywhere you can
Build a Sales Funnel
- Slow down the sales process by creating awareness, giving prospects interest and then ask for the sale
- Do this by offering value and showing results before asking for a sale
- Offer proof and testimonials as to why your clients choose you!
- Capture the leads contact information and continue to communicate with them.. If you’re a gym, you can offer a free blog of fitness tips on the site, then give them an incentive to sign up for emails by offering additional videos with workout tips
Cut the Jargon
- Write for the average person! Imagine you had to explain your gym to a friend. Write the content thinking of this
- Whether it’s conscious or subconscious, every lead will come with some friction that will cause hesitation.
- Address the concerned customers head on. Nothing creates doubt more than dancing around questions and repositioning them
Increase Trust in your Business
- Prove to prospects on your page that you are a trustworthy organization to do business with
- Make it easy to verify the accuracy of information on the page. Show citations and testimonials
- Highlight any expertise within your organization, post any credentials
- Show that honest and trustworthy people are behind you site by posting photos of employees
- Make it easy to contact you by posting email and phone numbers
- Have the design look professional, amatuer site immediately kill trust
- Keep everything on the site/media up to date. Let people know you’re constantly growing yourselves!
- Use restraint with promotional content (like ads and special offers)
- Make sure the site is always fast and up and running and make buying easy